Marina & Boating
The club and marina setting on the shores of Lake Norman makes an ideal location for water lovers and boaters alike. The water is a way of life for our members. At The Peninsula Yacht Club, we have the facilities and programs to accommodate your love of boating, as well as, provide plenty of opportunities for social interaction, entertaining and dining with a water view.
|SPRING & SUMMER
||FALL & WINTER
| Marina Hours
Monday thru Thursday 9:00 am- 6:00 pm
Friday & Saturday 9:00 am- 8:00 pm
Sunday 9:00 am- 7:00 pm
Monday 9:00 am -5:00 pm
Tuesday - CLOSED
Wednesday & Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday - Sunday 9:00 am -6:00 pm
|Lake Norman Facts
||Lake Norman is the largest body of fresh water in North Carolina and was created by the establishment of the Cowan’s Ford Dam on the Catawba River in the 1960s. The lake takes its name from Norman Atwater Cocke, former president of Duke Power, the company that created the lake. The result of this monumental project was the scenic inland body of water that now makes up Lake Norman.
|These numbers help communicate the grand scale of the lake:
• 32,500 surface acres of water
• 34 miles long and 8 miles across at its widest point (twice the size of the Sea of Galilee)
• 520 miles of shoreline (more than the coasts of both North and South Carolina)
• 130 feet deep at its deepest point
• Holds 3.4 trillion gallons of water
For the Boater: The Peninsula Yacht Club has 405 Wet slips with electric and cable for the larger boats requiring those services. Our wet slips house a variety of power and sailboats of various sizes. The clubhouse features his/her member bathrooms with showers fully stocked with shampoo, bodywash and lotion. The Marina also features a
fuel dock offering regular and diesel fuel, two pump out stations, 5 transient slips, a fully stocked Ship Store for all your boating needs and a service oriented Marina staff offering a variety of concierge services. Our Marina staff is on hand and available to our members six days a week. Additionally, The Peninsula Yacht Club is host to many boating events and activities throughout the calendar year. Members also enjoy a wide variety of organized boating activities, put together by the Club's Fleet Committee. The Fleet Committee also promotes boating safety, sportsmanship and education to help members improve their skills, knowledge and mastery of their vessels.
Our boaters are typically individuals who love to go out in their boats cruising for an afternoon sail or power boat trip, and occasionally will plan to spend the weekend basking in the sun. There are always opportunities to meet and raft-up with friends and fellow boaters at the club. If you spend the day out on the lake you can power or sail back to the club and take a dip in the pool and then enjoy a meal on the deck watching the sun slowly fade over the water. Although, the sunset over the harbor may make you want to linger longer in the cockpit. Remember, there’s no rush, it’s just another perfect day at The Peninsula Yacht Club.
There are many amenities, with first rate facilities and programs to accommodate your love of boating. We offer:
• A 12 month boating activities calendar featuring many special events and marina events
• Premier marina facilities, with 410 boat slips
• A well-protected, deep-water cove with easy access to the main channel of Lake Norman
• Slips ranging from 25 to 45 feet in length
• Water and electricity hook-ups in every slip
• A secured locker box in every slip
• Cable television and telephone hook-ups available on boat slips sized 35 feet or longer
• Pump-out facilities
• Fuel docks
• Racing & cruising schedules
• Transient Slips
• Full service staff to provide a variety of Marina Services
"On the House” Rentals
All of our social and yacht members can enjoy a couple of hours using one of our complimentary canoes, kayaks, paddleboards, and laser sailboats! Stop by the Ship Store, and take advantage of these complimentary activities.
• 6 Lasers (1-2 person)
• 1 Catalina Capri 14 (1-4 person)
• 1 Sunfish / Phantom Sailboat (1-2 person)
• 7 Kayaks (1 person)
• 2 Kayaks (2 person)
• 2 Canoes (2 person)
• 4 Paddleboards (1 person)
Bring your PFD device or if you don't have one the club will provide one for you. Get ready for fun!
Please call ahead for reservation and rigging.